Money Matters

Today in our club, we did a lapbook on Money. It will be a nice reference once completed. As my fellow clubmates are learning money for the first time, it is mostly revision for me. But I like it. Mom is going to add extra elements to my lapbook to match my level.
First we made a shutter fold out of an ordinary file folder.
Then we made 4 accordian books. Each book will have 3 flaps/tabs. On the first tab we pasted the coins (2 for each type - showing head and tail).
On the next tab, we wrote the name of the coin. On the 3rd tab we wrote the value of the coin.
We put a 1 dollar bill in a ziploc and stapled it in such a way that we can flip over the bag to see the other side of the bill.
My fellow clubmates pasted 4 more mini books on the left and right inner folds. Each book will give out clues of a coin on the cover and the answer is written inside the book.
For example:
* for a Penny, the question will be: I am copper and brown..Who am I?
* Nickel: I am thick and fat. Who am I?
* Dime: I am little and thin. Who am I?
* Quarter: I am big and bold. Who am I?
I will be adding these and couple more extra elements to my lapbook to match my level. I have to decorate the front cover. And may be add a money game somewhere in the book. Can't wait for the next session of "Play it! Learn it!" club.

No comments:

Post a Comment